13.9.14

Are we Human






Human….

I have always reveled in being a human. The top of the food chain. Unstoppable.
I could dip my toes into the cold creeks and go on the high dive to experience thrills.
The world is mine. And yours. And ours.

Running                               Dreaming
Jumping     Kissing
Skipping       Singing
Dancing      Laughing
Sneaking
From the very bottom to  the tippy top we are as human as can be.
Sprinting around the world barefoot and stopping to smell the factories as you please. Or roses. Which ever you find more of. Factories are a little more human. Sorry.



As an honorary human I am entitled to making an enormous amount of mistakes. However, I hereby promise you that I will do my very best to not make the allotted amount. Actually, no. I don’t. (Another very human thing to do is break promises)


I just ate a really yummy burger. Humans also eat yummy food. That’s kind of cool. The humans in my “Mass Culture” (as my Sociology teacher would call it) eat food for enjoyment. None of us have ever really been starving. Except for once a month…. but that doesn't count. The weird thing is we eat all of this food out of pleasure and then complain about being fat. If you don’t want to be fat then just move to a different culture. Africa would be a pretty good choice. Also Paris, France because they walk everywhere and are all really skinny. I’m not sure about Paris, Idaho though...



Sorry. Also sorry for being sorry. And for not being sorry. I get in trouble for that a lot.


Where is my humanity? What does that even mean?  I don’t know if being human is a good or bad thing. Ahhhh I never had a doubt in my mind about the amazingness of being a mortal until recently. I mean how great would it be to be something like oh I don’t know a squirrel. Or a hawk. Yes, I would choose a bird of some type so that I could fly away. That would be nice.


It’s just kinda hard being a human sometimes, you know? Like when you go through the not fun stuff.
Breakups          Bad Breathe
Death                          Taxes
Fighting             Suicide
Wars    Swearing
Crying

There are lots of scary things that we have to live with. But I guess I do enjoy being a human because of other humans that help me get through them. The best friends and moms and dads and grandparents with lots of money and sweets. The boyfriends that hold your hand and gives you bear hugs when you need them the very most. The doctors and the counselors and the English teachers that don’t teach grammar. They all guide us along and help us get through each day.


Humans are alright I guess. Jk I think I have typed myself into loving them. Who else would make the music? The adventures? The culture? The books? Who else would experience love? Joy? Excitement? Who else would scream at the top of their lungs into their pillow after their first time  sneaking out and getting back in bed without a hitch? Sail through the air after their first kiss from someone they loved or the first kiss from them once they realized that it really was love? Cry for a full hour after their parents bought them a car?(that one sadly hasn't happened to me…) Or leaped into the air and danced with the people they cherish the most throwing their heads back in laughter after an inside joke was shared.



I want to see all of the humans. They are probably all pretty great people as 3 year olds. Hey that’s a good trick by the way. If you are ever mad at someone just picture them as the cute kid you babysit from next door (Not the bratty one). It helps lots. I want to see all of the sculptures. I want to see all of the paintings. I want to see all of the monuments. But not the graves. I want branch out and learn about everything new. And I want to go down back to my roots and learn about everything old. Learning is a good human thing.


Humans get through hard times and good times. We struggle and we thrive. Yay for culture. Yay for experiencing things differently than anyone else ever will. Yay for you.
Yay for humans.

3 comments:

  1. I love this a bunch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this!! your "humans are alright I guess" paragraph is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love everything. So soo good

    ReplyDelete