8.9.14

Fairy Tales and Crap



Once upon a time..... that's how they tell you it will start when you enter the legal age for courtship. But it wasn't like that at all. Not for me at least.


Once you get to the hormone infested arena with mixed ideas of the same fleeting values being thrown at you in a confusing blur of lust, there are no "Once upon a time's" waiting to greet you. Only fake promises and a pretentious haze of intent.




They tell you that your first ball will be magical. You will be swept off of your feet by the first daring suitor to try and make you swoon. They don't tell you his intentions. They don't tell you that the prince may have a background of swaying damsels into forgetting who they are. The girls who gave everything away thinking that they will get their castle in return. They also don't tell you about the confused poisonous girls who will do anything it takes to have a throw blanket of security.


The wealthy princes love to convince you of their "loyalty". They fill your head with ideas of Happily Ever Afters and True loves kiss just to get what they were after from the very beginning. But then you find out that you were just another peasant to them in their quest to a loser life. 


All of these fake promises we are given when the sponginess of are brains are at its peak. We hope. We experience. We discover the truth. Then we with the meager hope that the first heartbreak was just a fluke, a rare occasion in "real life", we go and hope again. Just to get our hearts ripped out by the next Knight in shining armor.



This probably sounds like some rant from a little girl who put too much of her trust into Disney movies....

The truth is I, like many others, have put my trust in douche-bag players who just used me. The cute little happy valley that we have been raised in has jumbled the boys minds. In efforts to not become a "steady dater" they have resulted to kissing every girl they can. I am even guilty of being a few canteen fillers last drops before they go away...

But I found out that just like a fairy tale their can be someone who is good for you. 

I kinda got broke real bad. 

I didn't want to trust another boy in the world ever again. I had accepted that the safest way for my heart to recover would be to live with a couple of dogs and move to Paris. I was terrified of the manipulative male species and figured that they were all evil.

But then he came along. My king. Unlike the other princes and knights that all turned out to be duds he actually valued my heart. He liked my hips wide and my lips hot. He sent me cheesy songs about love and romance. Promising nothing but his desire to make me happy and to treat me like the queen he thought I was. 


He reminded me of who I was. He asked me what I wanted to do, eat, or listen to. He lifted me in the air and dipped me in the moonlight. He was good for me and I was good for him. We tiptoed to window wells and the back seats of cars. Stargazing in the back of a truck in a mound of cushions and blankets I began wondering if it was just a Summer fling, because nothing this amazing could last. Not for me at least.

Then I realized that this new boy who doesn't like me to buy him presents and tells me daily that I'm beautiful is the kind of guy I deserve. I deserve someone that makes me smile and never makes me second guess who I am or what my worth is. Every human being deserves to know that they are loved and that they deserve happiness.


I'm not saying that we will be forever, but wouldn't that be nice? He is the love of my life right now. And I'm genuinely happy right now so that's all that matters to me. Now don't you worry or fret because this girl has learned. Of real love and real pain. But isn't love a great feeling. 

I may not have found my final Happily Ever After just yet but I'm a lot closer to what it looks like. To me that's better than any fairy tale.

2 comments: