22.9.14

Noun or Verb








noun
1.a profoundly tender, passionate affection for another person.
2.a feeling of warm personal attachment or deep affection, as for apparent, child, or friend.
3.sexual passion or desire.
4.a person toward whom love is felt; beloved person; sweetheart.

verb (used with object), loved, loving.
1.to have love or affection for:
All her pupils love her.
2.to have a profoundly tender, passionate affection for (another person).
3.to have a strong liking for; take great pleasure in:
to love music.
4.to need or require; benefit greatly from:
Plants love sunlight.

The age old mystery.
Our world is so much more intelligent now.
Why can't we figure this out?

How do you find a cure for the tear stained journals? How does it make someone stay awake until sunrise with a non-resting mind? How do you prevent the broken hearts and the hurtful words mixed with the underlying passion and hope of last night?

When will scientists know how to stop a worrying mind from wandering? You think that with all of the pain that comes with love people would stop falling right on into it over and over again. But that's just what humans do. They fall in love. The tricky thing about love that really gets us is the twist it provides.

Its like the worst kind of drug. The kind that gets you addicted after just one hit. Once you've felt that high you really just don't care how low the crash is, you will do everything it takes to feel that euphoria again. Too bad the dealer seems to hate us.

It's strange to think that something that causes so much heartache can also cause so much happiness and peace of mind. The juxtaposition is almost poetic. Because love is magical. It is the reason behind the twirling girls and the passionate encounters shared. The reason for the good kind of sleepless nights and the beautiful smiles. The reason why people search after fulfilling their own love song verses.

And when it is shared between two people?
WOW.
And when both of their intentions are pure?
Double WOW.

Love is the breathless moments. The time you tried to cry but he just wouldn't have it and cracked a stupid joke just to see you smile again. The time he grabbed you and encompassed you in the tightest embrace because he could tell you needed it. The time he called just because homework is boring and night time means reminiscing for High School seniors.

Love is the trying experiences. The hurt feelings. The guilt. The major jealousy that comes when his Ex's smile at him in the hallway a little too long. The guilt for being jealous. The worry that it might be not fully requited at times...

The need for reassurance attacks occasionally. When the texts slow down and you let your mind think of the worst. It almost seems a little too childish to be real. Who even knows what love is anyway? No one. At least no one knows 100% what it is. We only have small moments that seem to perfect to be described as anything else. The gentle brisk of his lips across your forehead whisk your heart away. The way he looks at you and smiles that gorgeous smile of his. The smile that sends fireworks up your spine and down through every vein of your body. You know you can feel something. Something powerful. It may not be narrowed down to just one definition but LOVE is LOVE and nothing can change that.

I love him lots and lots and lots and he much loves me. That right there is the happiest thing to me and makes my heart beat real fast. Real fast like the time he first asked me to dance at that stupid school event that I was so worried that I looked weird at. Real fast like when he took my hand in his and wrapped the other around the small of my back. Real fast when we ditched the small talk and he showed me how real a boy could actually be. Real fast like when he held my hand tight and made me feel safe when I wasn't sure I could face what was right in front of me. Real fast like the time he first told me that he loved me. Real fast like when I knew I felt the same way.


I'm not quite sure what I'm getting at but I know this; Love, whether amazing or painful demands to be felt. Sometimes we are at the low part and it feels like there is no way out. Sometimes someone reaches down their arm and pulls you out of that pit only to send you both rocketing to space and beyond using romance and just plain old cuddle sessions. Love is beautiful. Love is a roller coaster. Love is an open door. Love is kind. Love is patient. Love is forgiving. Love is a verb, a noun and everything in between. To me love has been the greatest thing of my life. Most of all love is real. And that is the most reassuring thing in the world. Because with love, (as cheesy as it sounds) the world has hope.

1 comment:

  1. I love that you highlighted every love. I might steal that sometime.

    ReplyDelete