29.10.14

I am Writing this on a Train.

Because trains let your mind slow way down. 
Faster than cars but slower than planes the world flashes by like frames of a movie.
It's peaceful because the Earth and its fire can't touch me here.\
I'm safe.

I am writing this on a train.

Because people are everywhere and nowhere
The faces blank as the wheels in their mind begin to slowly move.
Slow then fast, in rhythm with the shaky machine.


I am writing this on a train.

Because the girl sitting across from me with her blue Red Cross backpack
and purple trench coat seems to be pondering the heaviest decisions of her life.
Even she has headphones to block out the world that is giving her so much grief.
Only a few years ahead of me and that scares me way too much.

I am writing this on a train.

The wheels bash the beasts cargo back and forth
As it rolls over hills and through tunnels.
But the people keep typing like nothing is wrong.
Is it trying to warn us?

I am writing this on a train.

I'm beginning to realize that there is no escape.
That even on this train I will have to face the world.
There is always the end of the line.
And, according to Nelson, there is also death.

I am writing this.

Because I want to be someone better.
I want to be the person making the choices that will make everyone else's life paradisaical.
I want to be the person that inspires the world with my words and actions.

I am writing this.

Because hope.
Because love
Because forgiveness.
Because Joy.

I am.

Because I was born to be.
To live outside the train.
To breath.
To survive.
To be remembered for something greater than me.

I am.



5 comments:

  1. This is beautiful. Everything about it. It fits the blog, the music, everything works.

    "Because I was born to be." This line hit home

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm the flow, the words, the message! It was like lyrics to a favorite song! You're so flippin good at writing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the train analogy. ... i think i spelled that wrong.
    but this is really great and it flows, i love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Because I was born to be.
    To live outside the train.
    To breath.
    To survive.
    To be remembered for something greater than me.

    I am".
    We cant keep hiding from the world. To over come what we are afraid of, we need to face it head on. Come at me Bro!

    ReplyDelete
  5. "I am writing this.
    Because hope.
    Because love
    Because forgiveness.
    Because Joy."
    And all that ending before and after this quote. Wow I'm serious that ending left me with something..

    ReplyDelete